Saturday, August 8, 2009

More Oregon and California Pictures






1. The motorcycling dentists we met outside of Yellowstone were impressed.
2. Also in Yellowstone, we met Jim Clause (no relation) from Lakeview, Oregon, which happened to be on our route a week later. He and his wife, Lorrie, took us in and fed us an amazing steak dinner complete with the best sweet corn we've had yet. Thanks!
3. Jim also set us up with his sister, Gail, in Eureka, Calif. Gail thought we were a joke until we showed up on her doorstep after biking up the steepest hill in all of America (ok, Lisa biked; Mel and I walked). Thanks to Gail and her husband, Bryan, for the delicious Mexican dinner, for taking us in, and for setting us up on the radio.
4. Primary colored helmets. Self explanatory.
5. Mel's gears broke, so she experimented with new options while I fixed my tire, which had gotten yet another hole.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you met someone from Lakeview, Oregon, while in Yellowstone. My friend Brenda, ran into you in Nebraska, and said she gave you my phone number. I was disappointed to have missed you. Alkali Lake - That can be a hot, dry and windy location. Glad you made it safely to your final destination.

    ReplyDelete